Our facility began with the goal of helping Veterans who are struggling with Substance abuse and mental health issues.
CHALLENGES THAT VETERANS FACE:
- Over 2.7 million veterans have served in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and 2.6 million served in Vietnam.
- Although mental health professionals think the number is much higher, it has been estimated that 20% of veterans have PTSD and/or depression, including over 540,000 veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan.
- 260,000 veterans have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries
- On average, 22 veterans a day die by suicide
- Divorce rates for veterans are double that of veterans without PTSD
The battle for many American heroes continues for years after coming home. We have a great appreciation for the service and sacrifices that veterans and their families have endured to fight terrorism, preserve freedom, and protect democracy. We know that this has come at a great price and we want veterans and their family members to know that they have someone in their corner at the American Detox and Residential Treatment Center.